24 April 2010

Leading a Horse to Water

I've been blogging since 2006. Yeah, I know... where has the time gone?

Considering how pressed for time everyone is these days - myself included, I've somehow managed to come up with over 60,000 words of content in 132 posts, spread over 2 blogs.

The topic of conversation typically centers around marketing, or with some sort of a marketing flavour. But, sometimes it's just for fun.

When writing about marketing, I don't hold back any information - while trying to explain a concept or process I try to be as descriptive as possible without writing a novel. It's important not to be superfluous, it's a blog after all and brevity is key. The KISS principle is applicable in nearly every situation, rocket surgery excluded.

With over 20 years experience, I think I've got a lot to share. And, share I do. In fact, much of what's posted is advice that customers typically pay for... and I'm giving it away here for free! No loss-leaders here folks, it's all laid out here for you to read and hopefully implement in your own business. The writing is not technical by any stretch, it's in plain speak and I try to include examples where I can.

Here are a few of the marketing posts that I think are key reading if you are looking to make improvements on your marketing:

  • Your Brand Motto, perhaps the most important of all is to understand your brand.
  • Meeting Expectations is so important in creating your brand.
  • Understanding the importance of Branding, in general terms.
  • Everyone wants to know what Works in marketing.
  • Creating a memorable Brand Experience for your company.
  • Do you even know what your biggest Asset is?

Now, these are just a sampling of some posts I've written over the past 4 years, take from them what you will. But, know that they are there for the reading, they're free and what you do with the information is up to you.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home